J-Testr+ GTI Prototype Exchangeable Unit
• Enables extremely early test development
• Can be used for project design verification stages.
• Large 285mm x 240mm UUT mounting area (All UUT surfaces are ESD protected)
• 100% compatible with Pylon and Direct wiring interfaces
• Low cost and can be used for low volume and direct UUT wiring applications
• Easily accessible stimulation and measurement signals
• Custom electronics prototyping area
• Uncommitted electronic circuits (amplification, buffering, attenuation, EEPROMs, pull-ups/pull-downs, etc)
• 4 x Uncommitted ADC multiplexer module (expand ADC to 32+ diff channels)
• 2 x Custom module expansion locations
• Wire cover plate has easy to remove 'knock-outs' for cabling.
• Easy insertion/removal and carrying with integrated handles
• 100% ‘J-Mount' Compatible for effective UUT mounting
• Prototype Connection Card can be sold separately to mechanics
The J-Testr+ Prototype Exchangeable Unit provides a unique way for the user to get up and running with a new UUT, from an extremely early stage in the product development cycle, before committing to ‘Bed of Nails’ tooling when the design is more stable. This allows the test development to start at a much earlier stage and can also be used during design verification stages. Any test code developed at this early stage can easily be passed on to later/production test development stages and thus save significant time and resource.
The Prototype Exchangeable Unit provides a Lower UUT Unit only (no upper pusher plate) and is 100% compatible with both ‘Direct’ and ‘Pylon’ wiring with connection points for power, stimulation and measurement signals. It is also possible to use the Prototype Exchangeable Unit for low volume applications that are unable to justify the extra ‘Bed of Nails’ costs. In these applications the Prototype Exchangeable Unit provides a perfect solution to make flying lead connections to the UUT.
The Prototype Exchangeable Unit also includes the below features to help complete the test solution:
The Prototype Exchangeable Unit’s Connection Card is designed to be much like microprocessor evaluation boards and enables the user to quickly make up an interconnect solution to their UUT. It also includes prototyping areas and uncommitted electronic components for custom electronics, such as amplification, attenuation, level shifting, pull-up/pull-downs, etc. Also included are places for expanding the four ADC differential channels to 32 differential channels (64 Single ended) with easy to use ‘fault-protected’ local multiplexer modules. The two expansion module positions, with mechanical mounting points, enable small functions to be added on daughter cards and give ultimate flexibility.
Mechanically the Prototype Exchangeable Unit provides an ESD safe surface capable of mounting a UUT of 285mm x 240mm using J-Mount or any other suitable PCB mounting system. The wiring connection area is located at the top of the removable unit and has a removable ESD safe cover plate with knock out areas for cables. With the cover plate removed the user has easy access to the connection points without having to remove the Connection Card.